THINGS I'VE DONE (in bold):1. Started your own blog. 2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. (My music teacher thanked me.)4. Visited Hawaii.
(Saw it from the airport. That counts, right?)5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. (If you can give, you can afford.)
7. Been to Disneyland. (Nope, just measly old Disney World.)8. Climbed a mountain. 9. Held a praying mantis.10. Sang a solo.
(But not in public.)
11. Bungee jumped.12. Visited Paris.
(A reluctant tourist, I couldn't pass up a trip to the Paris Air Show on my once-in-a-lifetime TDY to Europe.)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child. (Ferrets don't count?)16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.18. Grown your own vegetables.
(Technically, they were Mom and Dad's)19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
(Notre Dame was closed due to a bomb threat, but the Louvre was cool.)
20. Slept on an overnight train.21. Had a pillow fight.22. Hitch hiked.
(Our ride back to Monterey from San Mateo blew up.)23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon. (LOL!)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.29. Seen a total eclipse.30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. 31. Hit a home run.32. Been on a cruise.
(Actually a 3-hour tour. Was not marooned with a farm girl and a movie starlet off the coast of Korea.)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
(Darn it, it was behind the Iron Curtain when I was in Europe... but I did see Germany.)35. Seen an Amish community.36. Taught yourself a new language.
(Boy, was my Korean teacher pissed to see Let's Learn Japanese
in my book bag.)37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
(Then I quit my job.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David. (No, but I saw Venus de Milo)
41. Sung karaoke. (You can't get me that drunk.)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. 46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris..51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. 52. Kissed in the rain.
(It was raining outside
.)53. Played in the mud.54. Gone to a drive-in theater.55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.58. Taken a martial arts class.
(Marksmanship is a martial art, right?)
59. Visited Russia.60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason.64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
(Over 10 gallons of Baby Brigade Type O negative and four units of platelets.)
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.67. Bounced a check.
(Not my fault!)68. Flown in a helicopter.
(USMC Super Stallion, Army Chinook, USAF Huey)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
(During a hurricane.)
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (Couldn't see any speed limit signs from behind the driver.)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. (And I live in AZ, dammit!)80. Published a book.
(Training manuals, really. Highly classified. Don't make me kill you.)
81. Visited the Vatican.82. Bought a brand new car.
(And drove it halfway across Texas on the same day.)
83. Walked in Jerusalem.84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible. (Just the naughty parts).
86. Visited the White House.87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.90. Sat on a jury.
(Yes, he tried to mail 13 pounds of marijuana; Yes, you screwed up her breast cancer diagnosis; No, you silly C**T, quit faking the whiplash!)91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.97. Been involved in a law suit.98. Owned a cell phone.
(Got my first one only this year!)99. Been stung by a bee.100. Read an entire book in one day.