Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow!

Okay, it's up on Mt. Lemmon and Mt. Wrightson and not in my driveway, so that's how I like it. I didn't even need the light jacket I wore as I ran all my errands today; the black T-shirt was enough. The clouds were out in force, though, and nightly forecasts call for temps in the high 30s. We don't have a great record for putting on December shooting matches, neither in Phoenix where they've been called on account of high winds, nor in Catalina, where winter rains close the washes that the range road crosses. I hope the weather gods smile on us through the weekend.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger TBone said…

    I'd really be interested to learn how you know of our range over here. It's not exactly well known. Have you shot here before?
    In any case, the road has survived so far this winter, and we still shoot on the week-ends, but it looks like we are going to have to move in another year due to development in the canyon. This coming on the heels of the 2007 fire which totally burned us out.
    If you ever get over here,let me know, I'll buy ya a beer. I'm the secy/treas of the Catalina Island Gun Club and you can reach me at: info(at)Catalinaislandgunclub(dot)com

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Catalina AZ, sir.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004