Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Note to Family Bloglurkers

Do not get me a digital camera for Christmas!

I just ordered one. I really don't want to jeopardize my holiday camera-geekery with a camera I'm still learning to use, much less miss some bloggable footage at the December ACTS Match. I'm getting another Canon PowerShot at a killer price (and twice the Mpx as the old one).

I know there might be better dig-cams out there, but I really like the tough little Canon (though I may have dropped mine one too many times). I'll probably be looking for something more upscale next year when I'll be knee-deep in Film/Digital Art core curriculum classes. Peace out.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's the one I just got.
    I really like it. For the money, its better than anything else out there. I know because I've tried them all and thought I was going to have to spend almost double until I found that one. Especially good for gun photography.
    Takes very good video too.
    I dropped in a 1 gig SD card and I've been able to take good images of everything I've needed.
    I don't know about color saturation yet... best test for that is a good sunset. I'll have to try it when I see a good sunset.
    And it's easy to use - which I like. I'm not a photographer, I just have to act like one some times.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    I assume that has a video mode? If so, what format does it output the movies in?

    I'm looking around online and I don't find that info anywhere so far.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    AVI just like my Powershot A80.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004