Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, December 05, 2008

Ambitious

Our dear Art Teacher declared that our final project, due next week, should be the culmination of all we've learned in class and should show more work than any previous project.

Okay... I've been working on this for at least 6 hours today (after class, since I didn't bring any illustration board, expecting a critique of our scientific drawings), so I've got the labor prerequisite taken care of. Acrylics are kicking my ass, but I think I can squeeze a "B" out of this (unless Kate makes me touch it up in Final Critique Day).

If I'd known getting the lower background would be so tough, I'd have painted the whole thing black and added stars. I still must paint some tongues (and stuff) and a big spooky moon in the background... and send a letter of apology to Frank Frazetta.



BTW, black acrylic photographs blue.

PS. The above pic was taken on my camera phone since my digital camera is just about kaput. Geez, right behind my Master Bedroom toilet, the microwave, my garbage disposal, and hopefully, nothing else.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He is the Lizard King. He can do anything. He made the blue cars go away!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004