Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Bleh

How is it I can act in a play with no problem, but before almost every public speaking opportunity in my life, I have to toss my cookies beforehand? This morning was a bagel and half a cookie. I think it's because in acting and in teaching crypto-Korean, I knew my sh*t, so there was nothing to be anxious about, just go perform. At a shooting match, or an art critique, I don't have that same comfort. Funny, on a date, meeting the lady doesn't make me nervous, but going out someplace does.

Anyway, my stomach's all out of sorts today, so I'm blowing off the pre-match ACTS Pow-wow up on the north end of town.

Update: You ever hear the submarine in Operation Petticoat? That's what my tummy sounds like tonight.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger Ranger_SXT said…

    We missed you up here. We had a good meeting and got some good stuff hammered out for the match next weekend. Just don't be sick for that one...

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Larry said…

    In acting, you're primarily being judged on partraying someone else: if they don't like your character, it's not really personal (even if your partrayel is really weak.) Teaching is a little different, because students and teachers are not peers, there is a presumption of superiority in the subject matter.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    Ancient trick used by speechers and preachers is to visualize the congregants buck nekkid.

    But occasionally they'll wonder why you start your speechifying by laughing at the lot of 'em..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004