Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Celebrate Diversity?

The ACTS January Match has done Saint Marty proud. The match winner Aaron sported an iron-sighted Ruger Mini-14 with brand new faux-concrete furniture. One of the hardcore Agoge shooters who beat me had an AK. I finished 6th out of 25 shooting (I was one of two in the Open Division in a very Open-unfriendly match). That's the POF-Meister (far right). The Streamlight light/laser was just on to see it it was feasible for the "Mogadishu Mile (Stage 4)." No, it wasn't a go. I actually did well, thanks to the Cooley brake and my own awesomeness (oh, shut up!).

Okay, I did well because I've become more comfortable in firing from all the awkward attitudes ACTS forces upon you. I still curse the name and all offspring of the designers of each stage, but I soldier on and didn't seem to do badly, once I cleared my firing pin channel of the gunk that had almost turned it into a single-shot. Yeah, I ran the "Mogadishu Mile" (Stage 4) knowing I'd only get one shot... but still; I didn't even consider transitioning to my pistol... because *damn* I don't come to these matches to shoot my *^%#$#%^ pistol!

Here's some of our not-so-greatest hits:

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that a Dae Woo on the far left? Now THAT'S diversity!

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    That's a Woo-2. Last year, I brought my K-1 and we had an all non-AR squad coincidentally.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004