Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Jersey?

I was wondering if I'd had more time on my hands this New Year whether I should have put up a Pay Pal Button on my side bar to buy me an NFL team jersey in time for the Conference Championship games. I am 1.000 for losing post-season games while wearing an jersey of the team for which I'm rooting. Throw enough bucks my way and I'll buy and wear your enemy team's jersey, thereby dooming them to failure! If you're an Eagles fan, your contribution could get me a nice red Number 1 jersey of kicker Neil Rackers (in the tradition of my Al Del Greco fascination) or y'all local folks could put me into a nice green non-McNabb jersey! I'm kinda torn this game, but I'll probably pull for the home team just so I can trash-talk/text with Lil Bro.

I'm definitely a PA Boy for the AFC match-up, even though I wouldn't mind sporting a purple #20 to commemorate free safety Ed Reed's awesome season... and bringing it to an end with a crushing defeat by the Steelers, all thanks to the mighty power of my jinx.

Or maybe I should save it for the Super Bowl.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh noes you don't

    I will be wearing the #20 jersey. The steers have spent their load.

    Ravens all the way...

    Of course all my relatives in Belle Vernon and Lover may not be with me on this...

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger gregor said…

    caught me off guard there, pard, with that post title. i thought my beloved (gag, retch) garden state was in for a good 'ol Cowboy Blog thrashing, being home the the New York Midgets and all that. I think I have to be a damned Steelers fan this year if they go all the way, I'd never root for the Philly Pigeons.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Consider that Eagles jersey on your xmas list for next year :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004