Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My Last July 4th in Uniform

Well, I wasn't exactly in uniform as I was wandering the Osan Air Base flightline during Independence Day festivities. I was humping around my little black camera bag with my Panasonic digital camera and a bottle of water.

I've still got the Quicktime MOV file of this baby taxiing into the area with a young airman riding the wingtip to keep it down on the breezy day. And to you folks out there, we guys who ain't spies insist that ain't no spy plane; just Uncle Spammy in the Press can't be assed to esplane what ISR means.

And these guys? I used to sit rack with them at one point of my career or another. I got my first byline in our command news magazine over this shoot. Yup, your humble author is not just a postor of funny pics, I was really a a shill for Public Affairs who never ever submitted a Hometown News Release for any of my troops. That wasn't my fault...have you ever read any of their sheyess? My last HTNR had young A1C Me graduating from the NCO Academy upon my first arrival in Korea.

It was all I could do to keep airmen from laughing in my face! I got some cool pics in the meantime, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004