Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

It's Hell Getting Old

Last 1st Sunday Match, I forgot my mag pouches, so Jon was gracious enough to lend me his. This time, I know right where those pouches are: in my Hard Box, filled with full Para mags, and buried beneath a pile of full mags (pistol and rifle) that I spent quite some time loading. Unfortunately, that box is sitting on my living room floor two hours away while I'm bouncing off the walls for being so stupid to not doublecheck my stuff before driving all the way up here. Raiding Jon's liquor cabinet to calm down. Mmm...Captain Morgan's....

The P-16 is definitely sitting this one out, since it's one gun/caliber combination Jon and I don't have in common. Jon was nice enough to give me access to his safe to go shopping. Since I have the 1911-type holster, I went with the P-14; while mine at home is Plain Jane OOTB, Jon's is a functional work of the smith's art. I'd post a pic, but my &#%$ camera was in the Hard Box too! Should be interesting how well I do with it; stay tuned.

Luckily, my full shotgun bandolier was in my Soft Bag and there are six shells on the sidecarrier, though I have no slugs with me. That's not a problem since they rarely use them on 1st Sundays. I have plenty of extra 55-grainers for the Bushy, but the only magazine I have is a dirty Thermold with a very balky follower that I was saving for a range day function test. Jon's Cornucopia o' Rifle Mags to the rescue! Three is more than enough, but it's my nominal load: one in the gun, one in the Redi-Mag, and one in the hip pocket in case of a mag failure (you never need more than two 30-rd mags on a 1st Sunday.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004