Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Speaking of Stangs

My first, an '87 GT (hatchback). While on my second tour to Korea, I still had most of my second reenlistment bonus in the bank. When I found out I was Texas-bound, I took advantage of the great Exchange Service Overseas Dealership and ordered an Arrest-Me-Red Mustang...would you believe they didn't have Blue (my first choice)? It turned out that Red was also a sucky paint out of Dearborn that year. This is actually a commercial repaint job.

One of my tech school students, himself a custom Stang owner/displayer, guffawed when he peeked inside and saw the automatic transmission..."Laugh all you want, Airman Simmons, it's paid for!" It was paid for before I first drove it off the dealer lot in Grapevine TX and drove it to San Angelo.

When I saw him about 12 years later, he was more appreciative of my new ride, but had to add, "Now mine's paid for!"

"Yeah, but does the roof come down?"

Don't worry; this won't become a Car Blog, but note that I've owned nothing but Mustangs and Rangers for 19 years. How's that for Ersatz Cowboy Cred?

BTW: Bright Blue is still my dream car color, but it wasn't to be, this time either. Buy me a drink and I'll tell that story....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004