Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Caption Contest!

I shoulda worn the cowboy hat...I popped into the Coal Creek Armory on my way through Knoxville and almost missed meeting the word-famous Tam. My bolder blurt-out-the-first-idea-in-my-head persona would pick up some merchandise and ask, "Hey, Lady! Do you give a Blogger Discount?" But I couldn't be sure the strapping Amazon juggling chainsaws and Uzis was really Tam--she did glance in my direction, but probably thought Fashion Disaster!--so I wandered around the store until she finished her show/conversation. Bad idea...she stepped out of the store in two huge strides, leaving my travel-addled brain to wonder why stuff like this happens to me. I'll tell you the Roanoke Story some day. The helpful gent at the register confirmed to me that it was really Tam and she'd be back. To pass the time, I bought the obligatory CCA T-Shirt and a much-needed .223 bore-snake.

Great prices folks! But I won't wear the T-shirt until winter, because they only come in black and I live in the Heat Stroke Capital of America. Maybe I'll wear it in a major match and CCA will send me all kinds of free stuff for the advertising!

Tam: You're dreaming again, Blob.

Anyway, after a while I started getting antsy with get-home-itis and Knoxville rush hour was only going to get rushier (and TN is a looong state) and I'd already stocked and rearranged my water bottles, munchies, and sundries in the truck cab...so with a great deal of disapppointment, I started backing out of the parking lot (yes, I beheld The Beemer!). And as I passed the store entrance, there she was! She waved me over and we chatted a bit. Got the T-Shirt and a picture!

Let me get it started with some of my own captions:

CB: So much for my leprechaun fantasy....

Tam: WHAT leprechaun fantasy?

CB: Never mind....

=================

CB: So much for my leprechaun fantasy....

Tam: Okay, now we can work on mine. Put on the green suit, little man.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Tam said…

    My caption?

    "...and that's why we don't leave cowboys in the clothes dryer too long." :p

    (Or let them have the keys to Photoshop!) ;)


    Next time stay longer, and your range time is on the house. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004