Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Fox One! Fox Two! Winchester!

I didn't think much about this comment until Bruce brought it up. It seems we've both been SPAMMED by a Fox Newsie trying to drive up the site counter of Fox News' web site. Note: there's a one-hour difference between my Yahoo and Sitemeter because the former doesn't have an option for Arizona Time (it's right for half a year).

This is just sad.

Is Fox so hard up for hits that they're willing to risk the goodwill of right-leaning bloggers by SPAMMING us? Or is this the work of a Fox WebWienie named "Luther" whose job is in danger and he is trying to save it by driving up his performance metrics? Maybe Fox can tell us?

Thanks to Bruce at mASSbackwards for tracking down Fox's parent company details for us.







Update: Their News Tip feature was Tango Uniform (hey, could that be bad for Mr. Fox News WebWienie Luther's metrics?), so I whipped out a mail to Neil Cavuto, my favorite Fox Anchor. I hope he reads it. If your blog has been SPAMed by Luther or anyone else from "News Corporation," please let Fox know.

Update 2: Well, I know Luther Jensen's (the Fox SPAMMER) name and Email now after a visit to Castle Argghhh!'s comments from yesterday. Figures he'd go after the BIG blogs first.... The Armorer reports that he cleaned up this SPAM on his wife's blog, too.


Heh. Kevin Baker spanked Mr. Jensen across the snout with a rolled up American Rifleman.








Yup, he hit all the big blogs yesterday. Here, he double-taps the Mudville Gazette.

This makes seven blogs SPAMMED by Luther Jensen--and I'm not even trying hard to find the stuff. You know, this is interfering with my search for funny and/or gunny stuff to keep you folks amused, but I'm just a little bit incensed by this.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Bruce said…

    The email address he left on my site used the name "lutherjensen".

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Countertop said…

    thats pretty pathetic.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's one from "tom" over in the comments at The Ten Ring, except it looks like he (or the bot) screwed up the link. It's still a Fox News story, though.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Porta's Cat said…

    mine came in under "anonymous", but was a link to Pat Robertson doing something or another under the post that was a Beretta Shotgun demo.

    I couldn't figure it out til I read this. Now I know!

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had two but both got caught by Wordpress filters and held before posting.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Susan B. said…

    He hit my site too a few days ago! I was really puzzled about his off-topic comment, but I was nice to him because I thought he was just dumb or something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004