Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

At Least I Got Out of the House

Gotta mark that bunch down in my notes: "Beware, Lame Gun Show." There was only one reputable gun dealer I recognized and there were the "usual suspects" of non-firearm vendors, including the old leather saleswoman who once claimed I stood her daughter up. Really, I never promised to call.

Having dug out my P16-40 for the photo shoot yesterday, I glanced at the Stack O' Gunboxes on my safe shelf. The black tupperware stacks quite high; the distinctive Para-Ordance boxes not nearly so high. While I could afford some Para mags without selling off any of my accumulation of firearms--if the show hadn't turned out to be so lame--I decided that I should offer up something to the Gods of Finance to make sure my November roadtrip didn't break my bank. I volunteered the P13-45 on the bottom of the Para stack. I couldn't part with any of the Glocks, but the Commander-sized P13 didn't have a niche in my line-up any more. It was my first Para, but it was later superceded by the full-size Paras for competition and my assortment of Glocks and SiGs for carry. No one at the show was interested; I guess the pile of Hi-Points and overpriced used S&W snubbies were just too mesmerizing. Well, gang-bangers have to shop somewhere. There's another Fairgrounds show scheduled for the end of the month, but that looks like another bunch of flea marketeers. Must wait for the next Convention Center show downtown...next month, maybe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004