Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Deadwood

I bought the first season DVD box set of Deadwood a month or so ago and as with many of the movies I buy, it sat in the wrapper waiting for me to make the time to watch it. Not being a premium channel subscriber, I'd never seen it before, but I heard good (and bad) things about it. But, hey, it's a Western! How bad can it be?

I always wondered why Keith Carradine let his brother David take over his spot on the History Channel's Wild West Tech. Now I know! This is some good stuff! I hope this will help me fight off the nap attacks today and for a day or two.

Also in the rack, but yet unwatched: The Bourne Supremacy, Cast Away, Kill Bill I and KB2, Gettysburg, Gods and Generals, Scarface, and Spawn. This is on top of movies I've seen before, bought the DVD, and haven't opened yet.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger El Capitan said…

    You need to find a copy of 'Rough Riders' with Tom Berenger as Teddy Roosevelt, Sam Elliot at Capt. Bucky O'Neil, and Gary Busey as "Fightin' Joe" Wheeler. It's one of the TNT historical dramas, and like 'Gettysburg', it's pretty darned good.

     
  • At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Deadwood is pretty good, at least they use actual people's names from the real Deadwood. The cursing gets tedious afterwhile.

    Although it's pretty funny to watch old westerns now and throw in Al Swearengen's favorite "c" word...

    Don't forget to look for me in "Gettysburg". I'm the one in grey with the Enfield musket...

    "Gods and Generals" is pretty good too, even though I kept noticing that the few actors reprising their roles from "Gettysburg" all looked older and fatter even though it's suppose to be a prequel...

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey ...spawn ...was pretty hokey.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    It was on sale.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger BlogVantage said…

    Deadwood is a favorite of mine. 2nd Season is good, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004