Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Oh, Yeah, I'm Good

Sunday was the Monthly match and I leisurely shot my way to last place shooting my favorite revolver; no other wheelgunners showed up. Jon had the urge (and capability) to shoot really fast, so he brought out his Glock 19. He got a little sloppy, but he had a lot of fun doing it. Jon swept Carbine and Riotgun, having decided to shoot fast in those disciplines too...and he was not sloppy at all with the Bushie or Benelli. I placed third in carbine (similar Bushie) behind a top-notch shooter (but ahead of seven others!). I finished next to last in Riotgun using my Black 870 (after retiring First Gun 870, which doesn't like that extended magazine's follower)...I had a long way to run down the assault maze and missed each of the first two targets once. Who says you can't miss with a shotgun?

Good job on the stages, League Guys! They varied from a simple El Presidente classifier, to the assault maze, to the awesome rifle stage that combined two pistol stages side-by-side. Next up, the 4th Sunday 3-Gun Practice Match. Jon and I designed the stages with a Halloween motif...stay tuned. I'm going Heavy Metal for that one since the Fifth Sunday should be the Pima Tactical Match that probably won't get rained out this time. Knock on wood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004