Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

That Does It

Today, for the the sake of my liver, I'm officially on the Wagon; I don't know if it was the booze or the cholesterol meds, but the doc checked the blood lab results and the booze has got to go. He invited me to his AA meeting for this afternoon, but I'm not ready for that. So, the Saloon has gone the way of the Humidor, to the stack of former vices that I hope remain former. Of course, if I would only exercise, lose weight, and eat right, I could get off the Zocor...but, I'm better off starting the rest of my life off right.

Bummer, huh? I've actually been dry for two days and have slept at most two hours at a stretch with quite vivid REM sleep. That sucks the most. My sober dreams tend to be lucid...I know I'm dreaming, but I'm powerless to awake voluntarily from the unpleasant ones. Hopefully, continued sobriety will thin these out, or balance them out with lucid dreams of Shania Twain in a hot tub.

So, today I'm pushing the bar up against the wall and will stock up on yummy juice mixes. Wish me luck!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bummer is right, I hope that you can find the balance of nutrition, exercise and diet that will allow you to imbibe in moderation once again. I am afraid that I am not far behind you though.....Middle age is a heartless bastard. I am not a daily drinker but have been called a weekend warrior in beer dept.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger BULLSEYE said…

    Say it ain't so Cowboy! FYI four out of five doctors are clueless idiots who I wouldn't let put a bandaid on my ass. Stick to a Mediterranean type lifestyle of eating habits and wash it all down with plenty of red wine and you can drink all the booze you want. No sweets, no milk, no ice cream, no fried foods and easy on the red meat. Remember..lots of veggies sauteed in garlic and olive oil are your friend. Doctor Five sez, see my receptionist on the way out so I can check yer LDL and HDL readings two weeks from now. Oh yeah, would you please get HaloScan damnit! Tryin to figure out these squiggly wavey letters that word verification throws at me when I've been drinkin, is a royal pain in the ass...hehheh.

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey CB,
    I'll try and take up your slack!! I wonder what activities you did while drinking shock you now?

    "I played Dungeons and Dragons?!?"

    I like trying to pronounce the word verification word...

    Good luck wagon master!

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    MKL: I played D&D before I was old enough to buy booze! Still play!

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heh. Just kiddin about D&D. I use to play it alot. I got turned onto "Morrow Project" though and really prefered it as a RPG. Can't beat RPGs that use guns instead of sticks and knives...

    Read about MP:

    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/3351/welcome.htm

    Go here:

    http://www.thesupplybunker.net/morrow.htm

    to see lists of goodies like Personal weapon loads such as:

    Load 6
    Atchisson Assault Shotgun
    AMT Hardballer
    RG-34 Grenades x4
    M34 White Phosphorus x4
    M25A2 C.S. Grenades x2
    Box 50 12 Gauge 00 Mag. x3
    Box 50 .45 ACP Ammo x3
    Atchisson Assault Magazines
    AMT Hardballer Magazines x5

    Who's the uber-RPG nerd now?!?

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger prairie biker said…

    So, your doc is an AA regular and you're still seeing him why?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004