Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, November 05, 2004

Sorry, Not Playing


Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. du Toit, I don't think I'll be participating in National Ammo Day this year. It's not because I'm not a patriotic Supporter of the 2nd Amendment...it's really because, in anticipation of an undetermined period of underemployment, I celebrated my own National Ammo Year earlier this year. Not knowing when I was gonna have a well-paying job again, I bought a crate here and there and barely made a dent in it. I figure I can shoot all next year without buying anything but shotgun ammo. The shells displayed here won't cycle through my semi-auto, so I'm saving it for a cowboy action shoot or hunting trip with the double-barrel. I got enough Federal shells (that my Remington likes) to last a month or two. I'm considering shooting revolver-only next year to use up the .45 ACP I've had sitting around for a few years (in addition to the case I just bought a few months ago). God knows when I'll use up the .30-06 in the Garand clips or the .308 in the battlepacks. I've still got Norinco .308s somewhere out in the garage. Maybe it's time to get social and do some Tucson Rifle Club CMP shoots on the odd weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GREAT BLOGSITE. KINDA LIKE MINE. CHECK MY OCTOBER ARCHIVE AND YOU'LL SEE WERE ON THE SAME COURSE. GO BUSH! GO TROOPS!! GO U.S. OF FUCKING A!!! YER PAL, BULLSEYE AT HTTP://AMERICANDRUMSLINGER.BLOGSPOT.COM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004