Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Niner Mike Mike

Just hooked myself up with 1,000 rounds of 9-mm at The Sportsman's Guide! I'm not familiar with the 130-grain stuff, but I think it'll serve to slow the Hebrewm down to allow 2-shot bursts. That, and allow another year's (?) worth of competition with the Glock 19. Since I have to go up to PHX anyway to retrieve the school's light stand I left up there for my final video shoot, I might as well wring out the Uzi at the Cactus Match this Sunday (I have two matches worth of hot Wolf 9-mm remaining that make the Hebrewm operate as fast as a MAC-10).

No bulk .223 was to be had, so I'll switch to Lil Thumper for a while to use up some of the mil-surp 7.62x51 I have on hand. Some people really get bent out of shape when they see Jon and I shooting M1A's during the ammo crunch -- until we tell them we're shooting ammo we bought years ago.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger GunGeek said…

    Just out of curiosity, did you order online?

    If so, was the item really in stock or did it just say it was in stock?

    Sportsman's Guide has admitted that routinely list items as "in stock" when they don't really have any, as long as think they will come in within a reasonable time frame. I waited for months once before giving up. During that period, the item would change from in stock, to on backorder, to in stock, to on backorder, etc.

    Finally gave up. I'm guessing that really in-demand items would be more likely to fall into this scam.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Mike W. said…

    yeah I don't trust sportsmans guide. I ordered a case of Fiocchi 9mm once from them. They charged me $75 more than the advertised price and told me that the special I had clicked on was months old (yet their site still allowed me to order it at the discounted price.)

    I had to raise hell with them to get the $75 credited back to my account. It happened to a whole ton of folks.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    My order shipped out on May 1st.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004