Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

TGIW Shuffle - George Jones to Keith Carradine

Relaxin' with a Muriel Coronella and a rum and Diet Coke after an abbreviated class day and a nap. Screenwriting (actually Writing for Film and TV) was painless since we've already taken the final; we watched Eleanor Coppola's documentary on the making of Apocalypse Now to give us a sense of what can happen to a screenplay in the hands of an all-powerful director. My afternoon Cinematography class was technically a "lab day," but since the film for our music video hasn't come back yet, I'll be scrambling to edit that this weekend.

Last night in Video Editing, we did video capture from our own cameras. My Sony HVR-A1U was the Belle of the Ball, though there were some mighty fine workhorse cameras in evidence. A classmate who does a lot of hunting documentaries had the pride of place at the instructor's workstation... if wonder if Pam had known he was gonna show a Turkey Snuff Flick, whether she would have made that assignment. I was asked to do a show'n'tell on High-Def Video, but Final Cut Pro 6 still has no output to HD capability, so I don't know what that proved; the 1080i picture actually looked a bit messed up. The Sony's output looked pretty kick-ass; I didn't bring any footage, so I shot it all in the low light of the classroom beforehand. If I dwelled a little bit longer on the pretty girls in the class....

I was the first one out of our Video final Tuesday, which I take as a good sign. I can crush a multple-choice/true-false test if I don't go back and change my right answers into wrong ones.

Methinx since the Saloon BlogStation is struggling with memory issues, I gotta restrict my playlists to reasonable chunks o' files.

1. Grateful Dead "One More Saturday Night"
2. Huey Lewis & the News "I Wanna New Drug"
3. Hot Chocolate "You Sexy Thing"
4. Han Maum (a very sweet-sounding Korean duet) - Track 9
5. Journey "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'"
6. John Paul Young "Love is in the Air"
7. Joe Cocker "You are So Beautiful"
8. Huey Lewis & the News "Workin' for a Livin'"
9. J. Geils Band "Musta Got Lost"
10. Impelliteri "Leviathan"
11. Johnny Cash "Johnny Yuma"
12. Johnny Lang "There's Gotta Be a Change"
13. J. Geils Band "Give it to Me"
14. Jackson 5 "ABC"
15. Ian Thomas "Painted Ladies"
16. Heat Wave "Boogie Nights"
17. Joan Jett & the Blackhearts "Be Straight"
18. Johnny Cash & June Carter "Jackson"
19. Heart "Dreamboat Annie"
20. Herb Albert & the Tijuana Brass "The Lonely Bull"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger the pistolero said…

    Johnny & June, Joan Jett and Heart almost make up for Journey. Almost. ;-)

     
  • At 3:13 AM, Blogger Joanie said…

    And all that makes up for the Jackson 5. That song runs through my head often enough. Can't believe someone else has that on their playlist.

    If you have the DeFranco Family's "Heartbeat", I'm moving to AZ.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004