Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Y'all Know I'm a Moron

Somehow, I thought that the DVD that came with the lesson book for Final Cut Pro 6, a professional grade video editing software suite, actually included the FCP program. What the hell was I thinking? That program costs about a grand, even with my student discount! Looks like I won't be doing any home editing of school projects on the Mactop... though my film project will be converted to digital for editing and I'm allowed to use any editor I wish.

Since USB jump drives ain't gonna cut it for video, I just ordered a 500GB LaCie portable external HD to store my raw video. That's a tad more room than the prof said was necessary, but it'll hold at least two classes worth of work.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    Try Final Cut Express. Less green, nearly all the same functionality and the same impenetrable user interface.

    I think my UofA price was $179.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Is it any better than iMovie?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004