Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rock'n'ROLL!

Another Sub-Gun/PCC match and I'm still borrowing Jon's gun. Mine worked great at the latest function check, but before a last-minute range trip, I cycled a few rounds through (safety engaged) manually and it still won't extract correctly. If I searched hard enough, I could probably find a 9-mm AR extractor/ejector, but since mine is held together by Klingon-Metric hex nuts for which I don't have wrenches, I decided to buy a whole bolt carrier assembly and see if that solves the problem. How well did I do? Thirtieth out of 61 shooters... Top Half, Baby! See the tall guy with the KelTec? I squeezed in a few seconds ahead of him. His own KelTec took a dump on him; good thing Jon was thoughtful enough to bring his own KelTec as a spare! I look forward to the day when I can shoot this and other matches without my sub-gun or pistol-caliber carbine failing me.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Ed Foster said…

    Any 9mm AR/M-16 parts you need, call Continental Machine and Tool Co. in New Britain CT. 860-223-2896.

    Ask for Warren (ext. 5), tell him Ed Foster said to call, and tell him what you need. Don't forget to tell him you're a gun writer (you are you know) and Ed though it would be a good deal if you went away happy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004