Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hasta la Vista, Callyfoorniya!

Beginning July 1, 2008 California Penal Code prohibits all FFL’s from shipping firearms to an FFL in California, unless prior to delivery, the FFL delivering obtains a verification approval number from the CA DOJ.

h/t Uncle

I predict a lot more companies and dealers will follow Barrett's lead and cut off the Golden State rather than deal with a repressive regime. Coyote Arms, a Tucson company, has already made the decision:

To all of my customers (Whether Dealer, Law Enforcement, or otherwise)

I regret to inform you that I will no longer be doing any business with anyone located in the state of California.

This is in direct response to new regulations that pertain to FFLs who send or receive guns within the state. This also includes Class III/NFA and Law Enforcement related transfers.

I apologize for any in-continence this may cause.

Coyote Arms
FFL / SOT
Tucson Arizona

h/t Rob. (Incontinence... heh.)

I hope some dealers actually jump through California's hoops solely to sell to private citizens, but still refuse to deal with state and local government stormtroopers.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004