Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy BAG Day! Whatcha Get?

It's Buy a Gun Day! If you've converted part of your tax refund or economic stimulus check into a firearm, you're what today is all about! Looks like the holiday founder Aaron won't be posting a Round-up, so I'll give it a whack.

The Saloon Department of Redundancy Department reminds me that I can save a lot of cutting and pasting by making the comments a self-serve round-up. If you're a blogger, leave a link to your BAG Day show-and-tell. If you're a valued saloon customer/lurker, tell us what you've got; you can Email me Gun Pr0n pics of your bang-stick if you'd like to share them with the Blogosphere.

My own goodie was a Bushmaster AR receiver to which I've already added the stock assembly formerly belonging to BoG2. I think I'm going to ditch the Box o' Gun designation on my ARs; the (originally stripped) DPMS receiver will eventually get a custom DPMS upper (maybe next year), while the Bushy lower will mate up with the POF-USA gas piston upper. What should I call it? POFMaster? Maybe I'll just give it a girl's name, like Chief does.

Update: Looks like Kim du Toit is doing a reader round-up.

From my Blogroll:

JR of Keyboard and a .45 got a Savage Scout rifle.

Chris Byrne, The Anarchangel, got a SIG P225.

Caleb of Call Me Ahab got a 20-gauge Remington Model 11 barreled receiver.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Comrade Misfit said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Comrade Misfit said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Comrade Misfit said…

    Hopefully, third try is a charm.

    I got this:

    http://snipurl.com/24hgr

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger El Capitan said…

    A Ruger Speed Six followed me home... I'm gonna keep it, Ma!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Larry said…

    It wasn't convenient to buy it right on BAG day, but it has since shipped, and will be waiting when I get home. I needed a fun plinker and easy intro-to-firearms prop. So I bought a .22 cal, 8 shot, 6" barrel, Iver Johnson single action revolver with H.H.Heiser leather holster, made in the early 50's.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    Oh yeh, here it is.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Jay G said…

    {sniff}{sniff}

    This is the first year I haven't participated...

    I'll have to put up a picture of the new $200 tire that ate up all my new gun $$$...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004