Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

How Come You Never Bring Me Flowers?

Oh...not whine.

The Saloon has a wine selection, but that doesn't mean I've gone all poofie on y'all. You'll find no products from California or France. The grape is served in the butchest wine glasses you ever saw or in some little beer glasses ripped off from a bar in Korea.

Behold, the end of my insomnia. This week it was the Merlot; this project started out as a self-imposed critical writing project -- I was gonna have a wine-tasting of my favorite low-budget imports, but I figured out that I don't have the tongue or the talent to tell the difference. The two Aussie Merlots taste very similar and the South African Warthog tastes like...Africa. It's not bad -- just very different from the Roo-labeled stuff.

Next week, the Shiraz!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said…

    When I was stationed in Germany, I went to the Bad Durkheim (aka, Bad Drunkheim) wine festival.

    They served the wine in pint glasses.

    Beat that, zoomie boy.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I was never stationed in Germany, though I lived in a Ma and Pa Gesthaus for 3 months while TDY to Bad Aibling Station (a third of the way between Rosenheim and Munich). Was there long enough to join one of the flights' bowling team and softball team. The bowling alley sold Asti sparkling wine in mini bottles. I'm not a big wine guy, though, and mostly stuck to the local stuff on draft (Flotzinger).

    Howzat?

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said…

    Bad Durkheim is basically Oktoberfest with pint glasses of wine instead of the liter mugs of beer.

    Hell of a good time, although I lost count after 7 glasses.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004