Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, April 16, 2007

ACTS Scores Posted

I kicked ass on the long range stuff! Placing 13th overall, I finished 4th on the long-range cardboard! I also placed 7th on the run-and-gun Stage Two...not bad for a fat old guy!

I also would have beaten Russell (7th in the match) if I didn't have those three killer FTE penalties.

Last night I browbeat Scott into replacing the long-range cardboard with stationary steel...that's a long, hot hike for a Range Officer and target taper!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Daisycat said…

    Yeah!! Thanks for the steel on the long ranges. You know how taping is my favorite activity!!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Yaay! Plus the steel makes a satisfying *PLINK* when it goes down.

    Feedback loop.

    And you don't have the embarassment of hiking up there to see how well you did...only to find out that, well, you pretty much missed everything.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Actually, it makes a "plink" and *doesn't* fall down. They're just steel plates on a hook that might not even move when hit, but the RSO can call out hits for the shooter if they can't see/hear it from behind the rifle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004