Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Desert Cat Pounces

Whenever you participate in any kind of "practical" marksmanship competition, you've got to decide what you want to put into it and what you want to get out of it. Do you "play the game" and score high? Or shoot with your real-world gear, with all its limitations, against an arbitrary number of notional bad guys?

As for me, I might as well have fun playing the game, since I've never shot a truly realistic stage...you know, seeing some bad guys down the alley, then running away like a stripe-assed ape without firing a shot. Or hunkered down behind the bed with a Glock trained at the door in one hand and a phone in the other....

Perhaps I was a little too flip when I called ACTS "IDPA with rifles." Mr. and Mrs. Desert Cat, both IDPA enthusiasts, showed up with their handguns under concealment. That generally isn't necessary, since ACTS has you carrying a unconcealed rifle. Nevertheless, the Blogger Cats got a good workout with their carry gear, which is more important to them than getting a high score.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004