Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

April 15 is BAG Day!

On top until BAG Day!

Still not a peep from Aaron, godfather of BAG Day, so I'll try to carry on. If you've bought or will buy a firearm with your income tax refund, drop me a comment describing the goodies or leave a link to your blog or website, and I'll include it in this BAG Day Roundup. Heck, if you're sending $$$ to Uncle Sam and still buy a gun, I'll include you with salutations!

Don't know if I'll participate myself, since last year's BAG Day purchase is taking up a lot of time and money. I do have something on my wish list now, but I've got to liquidate some back-of-the-safe hardware to realize the purchase.

BAG Day Heroes

Billy Budd of American Dinosaur converted his Vegas winnings into a Kimber Ultra Carry .45! That's better than a tax refund!

Daisy Cat scored a DPMS Panther Lite, a Marlin .22, and a bunch of ammo, sez hubby Desert Cat.

Heartless Libertarian has set aside the bucks for a CMP Inland M-1 Carbine.

My shootin' buddy Jon is waiting for his POF-USA gas-piston upper to complete his all-Patriot .223 AR rifle. Stay tuned for a Blog Feature when that happens!

Reader Flashman brought home a H&K USP Compact .45 and a Springfield M1A...plus something for the Little Lady (S.A. EMP). Yay!

USCitizen at Traction Control acquired a Crossfire MK-1 "Commando." Here's the blog post!

Reader Michael's keeping his tax money to himself until Uncle Sugar absolutely must have it. Bet some of that interest went towards his evil black KelTec SU16A! Good on ya!

Hyunchback of CZ the Day is foregoing buying a gun! But that's okay, because he's getting training and gunsmith work done!

Reader Brass is getting a Remington 710 DBM with Burris scope and sling!

Reader Arcticelf plopped some of his return down on a Kimber Classic Custom 1911!

Roninaz of Ronocracy sent off his Imbel FAL kit and DSA receiver to be built!

Reader Jim "lucked into" a nice S&W M36 (circa 1974) LNIB, and an Ishapore (sic) for a friend.

LawDog picked up an FNP-40! One of his readers (The Raving Prophet) got a Remington 870!

Geoff (AKA Pathfinder at Downrange TV) got a DPMS A-15 carbine, a used Sig P220 for his first .45, and put an order in for the Sig 556. "It was a good refund." And how!

The Trainer at Because I say So! is whipping up a CQBangstick using an Olympic Arms .45 upper! Watch his blog for progress!

George The Mad Ogre is getting an FGMB underfolder AK.

Reader Stephen got a Garand, rebarreled to 7.62 x 51.

Bodacious at Ivory Dome got a .50AE Desert Eagle! Sure is purty!

Reader Veeshir got a post-ban Bushmaster AR!

Bruce at No Looking Backwards scored a Henry Lever Action Youth Model .22 for the Little Lady.

Keep an eye on ColtCCO's blog for the arrival of his LWRC AR upper!

MrCompletely is expecting a brand new Smith & Wesson Model 22A .22 caliber pistol to be delivered just in time for BAG Day!

Tom of Freedom Under Fire scored a SIG229 for himself and a Kahr CW9 for the wife...What an Anniversary!

Jay G of MArooned got a Russian VEPR in .308 Win!

José Giganté found a S&W Model 19-3 snubbie. Jude Mint Day, Cowboy Blogger at the same blog Amigos Cantina, got a S&W Model 19-3 for BAG Day! Uh...is that the same one?


Reader highntite got a
Savage .308 10FP!!

Benjamin's Old Man, Senior Blogger at reasonablenut, acquired a 50th Anniversary S&W Model 29. It's a beauty!

Ahab of WWJWD brought home a Taurus PT92 and five full-capacity magazines. We wanna see pics, not caring how ugly it is!

Reader Darrell got a Colt Combat Commander from the Easter Bunny!

Reader Chief (and first shootin buddy, besides Lil Bro) brought home a family heirloom, a sporterized Krag-Jorgensen!

Firehand of Irons in the Fire unearthed a Model 1927 Sistema!

Reader Stainles paid off his S&W Model 36 and reserved a pre-64 Winchester 94, "in 30-30 (of course)."

Reader Cleanhead scored a Colt Official Police .38, a former NYSP revolver.

Reader Formerflyer got an M1A Scout Squad Scout for himself, and "a shiny new Ruger 10-22 stainless for the Missus." The Missus is apparently not satisfied with the goody distribution.

Catfish at the Texican Tattler got a STI Spartan 1911 Thingy!

Labels:

44 Comments:

  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Well even though it was well before April 15, it *was* after I completed my taxes that I gave Daisycat the green light for her recent purchases--her DPMS AR and a Marlin .22 rifle. I'm sure she'd be more than thrilled to recount the details.

    Do you count ammo purchases too? Because she also stocked up on 1000 rounds each of 7.62x39 and .223 as well as more .380 pistol rounds.

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe ammo has it's own day - the day after Thanksgiving. Se web site: http://www.ammoday.com

    Perhaps we should take to calling it Brass Friday?

    Greg

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said…

    Well, the order won't be placed until 15 days after BAG Day, but I've got $495 = 22.95 S/H set aside for an Inland M1 carbine from the CMP.

    30 April is the first day they'll be taking orders.

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm still waiting on my P.O.F. upper. It should get here in a couple of weeks, about time Ed Cameron finishes the trigger job on the lower. WooHoo! (I hope)

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Had a gun show last weekend and used the refund $$ for a USP Compact .45 and a M1A. The little lady has a SA EMP coming.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I do not get a refund, I purposely under pay taxes so the gov does not get an interest free loan. I did, however, purchase a Kel Tec SU16A and 500 rnds.

    This is my entrance into the world of 'evil black assault weapons'!!!

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Traction Control acquired an intersting piece for BAG Day V - a Crossfire MK-1 "Commando".

    5 rounds of 3″ magnum 12 Ga. over 40 rounds of .223 Rem = Something for everyone!

    My BAG Day post will have pictures & words, too!

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Vegas money count?
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger blogagog said…

    I inhereted my grandfather's arsenal in 1981, and will probably not buy a weapon in my lifetime. Can I join in on 'buy some ammo day' instead?

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Actually National Ammo Day is celebrated on Nov. 19, concurrent with Kim DuToit's Birthday.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got a Remington 710 DBM in 30.06 on lay-a-way at Sports Authority just waiting for my tax return. $369 for the rifle including a Burris scope and sling was to good an offer to pass up. Now I'll have an evil sniper....er, hunting rifle to go with the AR-15 and Winchester 1300.

    Brass

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My taxes have been done for a while: but I did drop most of my federal return on a 'new to me' Kimber Classic Custom 1911 in .45ACP.

    First range report is excelent.

    AE

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger azlibertarian said…

    Not really a "Tax-day" BAG purchase, but my 50th birthday approaches in early May (You're not the only one who is old, slow and fat!), and to celebrate the milestone, Mrs. AZlib has acquiesced to the purchase of a HK USP Compact in 40S&W.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Fits said…

    I'm holding off on my next purchase until the 15th, in honor of so hallowed a day. Then I'll post it over at the blog and of course link to you.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger roninaz said…

    I sent off my Imbel FAL kit and DSA receiver to be built.

    That puts another rifle capable of delivering a 7.62x51mm whomping should it be called for.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucked into a nice S&W M36 circa 1974, LNIB for Bag Day. Just for good measure I also fell into an Ishapore from a buddy who is desperately trying to pay off the credit card. Maybe a couple of M14 (M1A) magazines from Midway to round out Bag Day.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jay G said…

    I posted a hint as to what I got (it's in the .308 family) here...

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger trainer said…

    It looks like the OlyArms .45 cal upper for me, and whatever other parts I need to finish off the lower I have into a CQB rifle.

    Unlike my last AR project, I want to finish this off quick. I'm getting everything I need, including BUIS and EOTech Sights, all in one shot.

    My sincere attempt to not find work has failed miserably, and I'm back at it - while at the same time getting $2500 back from the gov'mint. BAG Day indeed.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I sent FBMG some funds to cover an underfolder AK.

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My latest is a M1 Garand ,that I had rebarrled to a 7.62X51mm by a local shop, Carr Gun's.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Bodacious said…

    I got a Desert Eagle!

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ... Check out Bruce's No Looking Backwards' new Henry Lever Youth Model .22 Rifle for BAG / Anniversary day.

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger ColtCCO said…

    I purchased a LWRC upper receiver conversion for my favorite AR15 with my tax refund. It ships Monday,and as soon as I have it, I'll be reviewing it extensively.

    http://ColtCCO.com

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm in for 2 Swiss K-31's. One Beech, One Walnut, ordered, but not yet delivered to my local FFL (And this is before my refund has arrived, but in celebration of BAG Day). Oh, do I get bonus points for being in Gun Control Central: Washington, DC?

    --PersonalResponsibility

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Tom said…

    Here you go...this is how you spend that tax "refund". 11th year anniversary with my wife...the traditional gift for year 11 is steal. So, we went out and bought her a Kahr CW9 and got myself a Sig 229.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No refund but I'm getting a 92FS and CX4 Storm... Both share the same 15 round mags.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had to pay Uncle Sam an obscene amount of money this year, but I consoled myself with a new Colt 70 Series Gov't Model. Dam' it's pretty!

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Peep. I heartily approve of you're helping to keep the spirit of BAG DAY alive. Sunday, April 15, is the Gun Show of the West in Del Mar, California.

    Check out some nice action where Steve H of Hog On Ice and I took Moxie to the LAX Firing Range.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jay G said…

    Posted my 2007 BAG Day purchase.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger José Giganté said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger José Giganté said…

    I found an S&W Model 19-3 at the gunshow to spend part of my tax refund.

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Got a little back...so I pick up my new Savage .308 FP on the 16th.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Caleb said…

    BAG day is complete from my end, details are up at What Would John Wayne Do.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Easter Bunny got me a Colt Combat Commander. :^D

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Fits said…

    Just home from purchasing a new shotgun that'll be a project weapon. Happy BAG Day to all.

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said…

    This probably doesn't count, because I won't actually be buying it for quite awhile, but today is the day I committed to the decision to have an AR pistol in .50 Beowulf built for myself.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, while I decided on eventually getting a Springfield .45ACP XD and SOCOM M1A, I cannot get them at the moment... so I, instead, decided on snagging a nice, sharp, pointy thing. More on it back at walls of the city.

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Firehand said…

    Found me a Sistema Model 1927:
    http://elmtreeforge.blogspot.com/2007/04/bag-day.html

    About three weeks early, but it was my refund that paid for it, so there.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Vincent said…

    http://complicatedindifferent.blogspot.com/2007/04/home-defense-rifle-build.html

    Isn't exactly a BAG day purchase, but I just finished up the perfection of my Home Defense Rifle. I don't really like to discuss platform specifics about my rifles online, but lets just say it's something black colored, with many evil features.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My BAG purchases:
    I finished paying off the last of my layaway on a very nice, as new in box, never fired, all paperwork and accessories included, S&W 36 (the Lew Horton "2nd Amendment" edition, one of 300).
    Unfortunately, this shop had sold the other gun I had my eye on, and planned to start a new layaway on (a 7 1/2" Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine).
    Fortunately, they say they generally get three or four of those a year (though this one was particularly nice). I can wait until I get my carbine from DCM.
    Also fortunately, they hadn't sold the other gun I had my eye on: a pre-64 Winchester 94, in 30-30 (of course). It looks like it was just removed from the packaging (except that the previous owner had it drilled and tapped for a scope).
    Just a few more payments and I can cross off another holy grail gun.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Colt's Official Police .38, a former NYSP revolver.

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Picked up my new Savage 10FP in .308 today. Tomorrow the range with 200 factory and 100 handloads.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did a BAG day two-fer at our house. A Springfield M1A Squad Scout for me, and a shiny new 10-22 stainless for the missus. All was well until she got to play with my new M1A, whereupon she demanded to know why she got a tiny .22 and I got the cool .308. :::Sigh::: Guess there'll be another M1A in the family soon. ;-)

    Formerflyer

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger catfish said…

    Finally posted at the Tattler one of my BAG day purchases; at some point will get around to the other....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004