Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

March ACTS Match

Eight shooters arrived at the Pima Pistol Club for the match, so we ran the five stages as one squad. Match Director Scott (right) scored the only no-shoot of the match in the pistol-only Stage One.

Only saw one familiar face: Salim, a PPC stalwart who also happened to be one of the three of us shooting in the Stock/Service Division. He kicked ass.

A surprising number of 1911s showed up...the match was actually single-stack friendly; I only needed to reload on the pistol-only stage.


ARs were the favorite long gun platform; five of those against an HK, Scott's Daewoo, and my own Lil Thumper. I was the only one shooting 7.62... power is not factored into the scoring, so I didn't feel bad about my 6th place finish. Update: Oh, wait, there were some DNFs...I better wait until the scores are posted. Think I had two misses, plus a very slow Stage Five. Shooting over the roof of the junker car, my muzzle raised a horrendous cloud of roof canvas, rust, and dirt. I might as well have been shooting black powder. Too bad that didn't get filmed (someone tried, but "operator error" kept the recording from happening).

Overall, the match was good practice for the Superstition 3-Gun. I'll probably try it again before summer slows me down to one match a month. I'll definitely take BoG2 next time.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Fits said…

    Cool video. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you made it out!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Argh! Argh! Terrible weekend to have to be tied up doing other stuff! That's too fun.

    Do they have their schedule up on the Pima Pistol website, or somewhere else? In other words, when's the next time?

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Every 2nd Saturday.

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shore looks like fun.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I REALLY wish I was there! Makes me want my DPMS Panther all the more! I'll have to put the 2nd Saturday on our calender.
    Girls just wanta have fun hun....

    Daisycat

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger catfish said…

    what caused the SOCOM to puke?

    You shooting handloads, or factory?

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    South African factory.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004