Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dare I Count on Al Gore?

Last year's Superstition 3-Gun Match featured high winds, sleet, and snow, for which I was only marginally prepared (and a darned sight better prepared than a lot of out-of-staters blithely confident in Mesa's sunny climate). Not declaring it Spring yet, I think I'll ready my gear for either extreme and over-pack.

And to appeal to the Weather Spirits, I'll put away the Winter Banner.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said…

    We had a few inches of snow in Philly today. Al Gore = Idiot.

     
  • At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm Sooper Serial, it's Manbearpig.....

    Hey, if the shooting competition is your thing, check out the American Confederation of Tactical Shooters. It is like IDPA with rifles too. There are 2 groups right now running matches in the ACTS format, one in MI, and one in AZ. The next match is at the Pima Pistol club this Saturday at 9am, I'm in MI and have no idea where that is, except in AZ someplace so it may not be close to you. May also conflict with the upcoming 3gun.

    It is a great format for a more practical rifle shoot, with a less "gamey" feel, and lots of fun.

    For more info, try http://www.actshooters.com

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Pima's an hour's drive north of here near Catalina (so it's twice as close as my other matches)! There's no mention of it on the PPC site (nor at the actshooter site).

    Don't know if I can try it anyway. My SOCOM has a muzzle brake...but BoG2 has the standard birdcage, which is apparently legal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004