Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Victim of Hyperspace

As evidenced in the preceding post, the only time I wear a glove on my shooting hand is when I'm firing Jon's .45/70 hand-cannon and when I'm resetting steel plates on the range on the summertime. Now my off-hand, that's another story. Nomex aircrew gloves are great for manhandling scorching hot rifles and shotguns...especially black ones -- especially in July. Even in pleasant weather, the long guns heat up quite a bit after you rapid-fire a mag through them.

Last Christmas, my friend Jon gave me a new pair of black Nomex gloves for Xmas to replace my ratty USAF ones. Two weeks ago I tossed the left hand glove in the washer with a load of clothes...and it disappeared! I spent some time today sorting through a mountain of socks (yeah, if I'd put stuff away instead of using the laundry basket as--uh, never mind), dug through pants legs, sweats, T-shirts, and ferret bedding (ratty T-shirts). Came up with some odd, unmatched socks, and still no glove. I guess it went to that same odd hyperspace to where socks disappear.

Back to the ratty Air Force glove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004