Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Intermission

If any of my visitors have been losing sleep waiting for the next episode of Space Opus...I haven't been. Neither working on it nor loosing sleep. The first two episodes were insomnia-fueled flights of creative frustration...but I've been getting six hours of sleep a night (usually interrupted by almost an hour of restlessness). Not wanting to mess with a good thing, I'll have to block off some normal-time hours to work on it.

FYI, I've seemingly beat my insomnia by eschewing late-night TV and by turning off the computer at 10 pm. I curl up in bed with a good book and generally am ready to sleep before midnight. After several false-starts from my old paperback library, I settled on C.J. Cherryh's Fortress series to wind my brain down for the evening. Very absorbing, but not enough to keep me reading until dawn.

Just found out the author's Fortress of Ice came out in hardcover....

2 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger BobG said…

    You're getting 6 hours of sleep a night? Wish I could do that; I feel lucky if I get 4 or 5.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger LBJ said…

    "Port Eternity" is decent and a short read for those "got to get to sleep nights"

    Just finished "Consider Phlebas'
    by Iain Banks. OUTSTANDING space opera.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004