Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Wok This Weigh

There's nothing like being out of your own house for most of a month and doing very little cooking for yourself...I ate good, and despite my first impressions, didn't gain much weight. Thank manual labor and Coors Light for that! When I returned home, it was definitely time for a commissary run, since I made a point of using up all the perishables that wouldn't last the time period of my roadtrip. First stop: the produce aisle? But, CB, what the horny toad were you doing there, getting an onion to top your chili? I filled the RugRatBasket in my shopping cart with a pack of baby spinach and of baby carrots (Baby Killer!), a coupla onions, two clumps o' green onions, fresh 'shrooms, a coupla green peppers, a bag of red chilis, a package of bean sprouts and of alfalfa sprouts (but no Brussel sprouts...ew!), two cloves of garlic (mmm...garlic). Stuff for Mongolian stir-fry, omelettes, and sandwich toppings...gonna do some Korean cooking before the garlic is gone. So far, everything I've made has been yummy, but I don't think I could spring it on anyone else--something lost in presentation, I think.

I also refreshed my stock of extra virgin olive oil, the only stuff I cook with, unless you count the bacon grease in which I cooked my shroom/onion omelette this morning. It looked so good, I forgot to put cheese on it. Topped with a few splashes of Tabasco Chipotle...mmmmm. I love Mom's cooking, but the spiciest thing in her fridge is Pennsylvania Dutch Hot Sauce (Heinz Ketchup). Since Lil Bro usually does grocery shopping for Mom, I hijacked the list and added Frank's and/or Tabasco to it (plus, insisting to pay for the whole thing). Mom made Chinese eggrolls (!!) that night and the Frank's cranked them up to 11!

Who knows how long this healthy kick will last? Did I screw it all up with the two strips of bacon with breakfast? Dare I step out into public with all this garlic coursing through my system?

BTW, thanks for the homemade raspberry preserves, Theta! T'was a scrumscious part of a balanced breakfast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004