Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Uno De Mayo


Why--it was like July in May! Only the weather was nicer! Too warm for an overshirt, so the Glock was out the carry rotation. Dropped the SP101 in my pocket. Almost wore my bright blue Corona T-shirt without thinking, then switched to my off-white SIG-Sauer polo shirt. Don't piss me off, illegal Switzerman immigrants!

Okay, so I only bounced around the East Side during non-peak hours. Home Depot wasn't packed, but had plenty of helpful staff and two full-service checkout lanes going. The misshapen little guy in the wheelchair greeting folks at the door was cheerfully doing a job no Mexican would do. I had to grit my teeth to not offer a High Five and a loud "Timmaaay!" I'm a terrible person; el gringo es muy malo.

My pawn shop was out of #6s, so I got two boxes of #8s that I hope will get me through the 1st June Shoot. July is the next month with a 5th Sunday, so I've got to find a supply by my return from the road trip. Heaven help me, I might end up going to Walmart (I have nothing against the store, but anything north of Broadway I don't consider a short trip in town).

BTW, July is the month absolutely no tourists who know any better visit Tucson...okay, maybe some people like ovenlike temperatures and monsoon rains; these are the people who go to the Desert Museum to hear the docent say "in that hole over there is the common American Coyote, who has more sense to stay out of the desert sun than you do."

Webcam image from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004