Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Decisions

The Pima Tactical (3-Gun Match) is Sunday and I've been waffling over my long-gun choice...what a luxury! Once I bought the Bushmaster Shorty, I never again went back to my Colt HBAR or the occasional Daewoo K1A1. I never went back to competing with iron sights since I slapped the Reflex II on the Bushie (until I started shooting Heavy Metal with the SOCOM). This week, I decided I'd either shoot HM again, neccessitating a mid-week Range Day to ensure all my SMM3G problems were fixed, or trot out one of the ARs. The Bushy is set up the way I like it and has scored me some prizes at Pima in the past, but my supply of Wolf 55-gr. is not infinite. It could last me most of the year, but I've also got most of a case of Wolf 62 grainers sitting around, but the Bushy hates it.

So it looks like the Colt will come off the bench. I'll have to do a lot of playgunning around the house with the shades drawn this weekend to get used to the extra weight up front. I took off the cheap Tasco scope and Delta cheekpiece (just range toys that would slow me down), determined to shoot Tactical Iron for the first time since I've been to Pima. I could put a Reflex on the HBAR, since I can sight it in in my living room, but why bother? Tac Scope is usually the largest class at Pima; with Tac Iron, I might be able to beat a smaller pool of shooters, but not be in danger of being only shooter in the class, as can happen with Heavy Metal.

The other two guns are no-brainers: Para P16-40 and Remmie 870.

For reader Dan: the Pima Tactical is held at the Pima Pistol Club range near Catalina AZ on Fifth Sundays.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    Where do these matches take place?

     
  • At 1:35 AM, Blogger Dan said…

    Thanks for the link. I hope to get out and watch a match soon.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    Sounds like fun, iron-sights are a trip - the only trip I know how to shoot anyhow...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004