Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, May 01, 2006

A Day Without Immigrants



I don't know about you, but I'm going Shopping!

While all the W**back Worshippers are out there boycotting everything but the Welfare Office and the Emergency Room, I'll be walking through the almost deserted aisles of Home Depot getting a/c filters and maybe a hayfork for the tumbleweeds in my back yard. Swing by my favorite pawn shop for a case of the cheap Federal 12 gauge #6s they always have on hand (I've got enough left for maybe two matches). And that's about it...I don't need to go grocery shopping, because I'm using up the stuff in the fridge prior to my road trip. I do most of my grocery shopping at the Commissary on base anyway--and that would be crowded on a Retiree Pay Day Monday...no illegals there. I might stop by the Class VI Store, pick up a bottle of Jose Cuervo, then put it back on the shelf as a symbolic gesture. I really don't care for tequila or Mexican beer (but I don't turn it down if someone's offering).

A day without Immigrants? How about six months? I'll be spending most of this week trying to restore my yard to its once-landscaped splendor. Or at least reduce the forest fire hazard.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Well, DWI is what *they* call it.

    Heh...DWI.

    I've had three cups already.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger BULLSEYE said…

    ...and the winner is!

    Dude, do something about those weeds...

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I did my part. I drove past 4 Mexican Restaurants that were open, and stopped at none.

    A boycott is a boycott. I was just tryin to help them not do anything yesterday.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said…

    I admit - that day I lingered in Wal-Mart, deeming more tuberculosis-free than usual. No snot-nosed screaming banshee brats running around, either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004