Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Smelly Chely

I was unbelievably touched when I first downloaded the Quicktime movie of Chely Wright's "The Bumper of my SUV."

Quoting from last week's Desert Airman after Ms. Wright did a free concert at Davis-Monthan AFB here in Tucson, "She said her family has been in every miltary branch except the Air Force because 'we don't have long enough eyelashes.'"

I know her brother has been a longtime Marine. Can any of you jarheads out there spin this in such a way where I don't begin to hate Chely? You really need to work at this....

Update: Find yer own damned link. Maybe I'll just hate her.

Update Update: In later comments, I learned that Chely fired the overzealous fan clubbers. Now I just hate her a little.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:20 AM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said…

    I'm sorry...but as a Soldier, this makes me giggle maniacally...

    And I hope I spelled that right. It's not a word I get to use often.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Spank That Donkey said…

    You got video... and you're not sharing???

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I downloaded it about 2 years ago and don't remember the URL. Try a search engine.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    HL:

    What? "Sorry?"

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was going to comment on the whole "fan club members posing as military to get her song air time" thing but you've already got that covered.

    As far as her comment on the Air Force. My ex Father-in-Law, two brothers-in-law, a cousin and my best friend from high school were in the Air Force.

    I picked the Navy because I didn't want to have to shave my legs and wear panty-hose to graduate from boot camp (even if it would have earned me a ribbon).

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I almost joined the Navy until I learned that gunner and gunner's mate weren't ratings but bunk assignments.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a good one. I've never heard that one before...seriously...I laughed out loud.

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said…

    Blob-since, as a soldier, I consider the AF to be a bunch of ungrateful bastard stepchildren of the Army (I'm still annoyed that AWACS crews get combat pay for circling Iraq at 30000 feet) and pretty boys too boot...

    Oh, and my dad was in the Air Guard (tech on a Grumman Albatross) and his brother was in the Army Air Corps and USAF (same enlistment), not to mention my great uncle who flew cargo over the Hump in the Great Unpleasantness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004