Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Boobs and Boomsticks

Julie Bell (I think she's the blonde on the left) is one of my favorite fantasy artists. Her idiom is usually the Boris Vallejo-esque, idealized, swords and sorcery bimbos that socially dysfunctional nerds love to drool over...am I getting too autobiographical here? Once in a while, she dabbles in the mundane world and paints something like these (click for bigger, Google-search for full size). Are you gunnies out there already cringing? Or didn't you notice the guns yet? We can't expect a lady who lives in the artistic world, or her models, to be steeped in gun lore or the culture of gun safety...or they may be. It's only ink and paint, after all, and she may have decided that the finger-on-the-trigger look might invoke a sense of imminent action and danger to the viewer. It irks me a bit less than the same with live photo subjects, but it still irks me. And it won't stop me from continuing to look.

Apologies to Tam for the alliterative title--It's An Homage! Rejected titles were Tits and Triggers, Guns and Gams, and Bouncy Bimbos Balance Boomsticks Beautifully.

This series re-dated, 'cuz people start from the top, normally.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    I think the one in the solo pic is holding a CZ-52. I'm surprised I noticed that, considering.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Jay.Mac said…

    Some nice artwork.

    Check out this site for a variety of fantasy galleries-

    http://www.aumania.it/fa_index.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004