Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Boobs and Boomsticks 5

Well, it's not quite fantasy art...not my fantasy, anyway. I don't know if it's technically good art, but I know what I like. This one's a mixed bag; good trigger discipline, but bad muzzle discipline. If it's a real firearm, I hope they both checked it to ensure it was unloaded--we're not dealing with ink and paint any more.

This one might qualify for Xavier's Idiots with Guns, but by his rules, I qualify as an Idiot with a Gun on my blog banner--never mind that I was on a professional (albeit low-budget) movie set with a prop gun. [Oh, my, I've just figured out why he's never Blogrolled me!] Some of the props were only uncapped, unloaded cap-and-ball revolvers. Theoretically, I could have snuck in some powder, balls, and percussion caps, loaded it all in the men's room, and be just a trigger squeeze away from killing the photographer. My point is that when making art (that's what his continuing features' photo subjects are doing), you've got to make some apparent safety compromises. I say "apparent" because the person watching the pics on his or her computer monitor doesn't know whether or how often the photo prop (real firearm or not) was confirmed by all parties to be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004