Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, September 05, 2005

B Minus 1 Week and Counting Down

Blogiversary, that is. I started blogging on September 11 of last year, a few days after quitting my job. My little blog hasn't taken off like Dave's, who started at roughly the same time, but it's kept me busy and amused, and I hoped it has amused my readers.

Almost 3 years ago, I didn't even know what a blog was; then, a former student of mine pointed out Corsair the Rational Pirate and asked whether I knew him. No, I didn't, but I explored his blogroll, found some more interesting blogs and explored their blogrolls. By this time, I was employed as an training tech writer for a company that put a brand new Dell computer with high-speed internet on my desk. I'm confident that I gave the company an honest day's work, but while waiting for my Robodemo recordings to compile, I had plenty of time to explore Castle Argghhh!, Blackfive, Citizen SMASH, Mudville Gazette, Wizbang, IMAO, and Geekwitha45. Even that Glenn Reynolds guy.

Once I started blogging, James Rummel gave me my first non-link factory link. As I got my bloglegs, I got a lot more blogsocial. I offered some of my hard-learned advice to Bullseye, and tried to minimize the blushing from Joanie's flirtations, and even arranged a blogshoot with Kevin Baker. Someday, I'll have a beer with Billy Budd, Matthew Maynard, and Chaos, Tucson bloggers all...but don't hold your breath. I'm still an asocial hermit at heart. Maybe sometime in Year 2.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Blogiversary!

    Keep at'er!

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Firehand said…

    Hot damn!

    I don't remember who was the first blog I read, I just know it snowballed from there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004