Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Or Maybe I'll Make You Wait an Hour

(see previous post's title)
I opened two daily-read blogs almost at the same time. AnalogKid at Random Nuclear Strikes has an account of a Brit whose struggle with UK Socialized Medicine in getting treatment for an infected tooth almost killed him. SlagleRock at Combat Arms described his own problems getting service in America's military medical system which is just as socialized. Believe me, we don't want this model instituted on a national scale. Sure, it was nice having free health care while I was active duty, but I often got just what I paid for, customer service-wise. I've had my med records lost for months, resulting in my not entering flying training for eight months. I've been innoculated by surly techs hungover after drowning their homesickness in soju. I've been told by a commissioned officer that my dental gag reflex could be cured by eating a big breakfast beforehand. Most of the primary providers seemed competent and friendly, but well, just read SlagleRock's account.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CB,

    You know that is how it is in general. One day it's a smooth process and another it is one of the worst you'll ever have. I just felt horrible and all I needed was some smart ass junior enlisted "kid" popping off at me and not helping.

    Thanks for the TrackBack to the Slaughterhouse.

    SlagleRock Out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004