Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Old Friends

There's something special about old dogs. Maybe you can't teach them new tricks, but they can teach us. Pamibe has a story about her collie Tess.

My collie Tess is, as you know, getting old. She’s 11 and I think she’d feel and act much better except she’s got health problems. She’s on thyroid meds as well as some really potent stuff for her skin that makes her feel like crap. Couple that with arthritis, etc… Well, you know. She’ll play for a few minutes but has to lie down quickly.
On this particular day I was sitting in the back watching Zoe hunt and out of the corner of my eye saw a large black form streak by in the side yard… and it almost didn’t compute that it was Tess. Tess? So out I ran to see what was going on, and sure enough something had caught her attention just beyond the hedge; she was very excited. Not barking, just watchful and tense.

Read the rest.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004