Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I'm Back

Didn't really go anywhere except on a little trip to inner space. Yesterday would have been my Dad's 68th birthday and I didn't even give Mom a call. I just curled up at the keyboard and lost myself in Blogland, Monday Night Football, a bag of popcorn, and a bottle of cream sherry. The only human being I met was a young man who woke me up from my nap to try to sell me something. He never got around to saying what he was selling, just that he was in a contest and trying to win points, using his winning personality...he was very outgoing and animated, practiced much, I assume, but my not opening the security door sort of threw him off his routine. He seemed to expect to shake my hand and high-five me and become my friend so I would buy his magazines or whatever. Maybe he could see me standing there with "bed hair," wearing sweat pants, and maybe not. I cut short his monologue with "Sorry, I'm not interested." I wonder how many asocial people like me this kid runs into every day.

Getting back to my nap was not an option. Back to Blogland. And Email...got one literally out of the blue; an AF acquaintance from one of my Korea tours saw one of my posts on our unit Yahoo forum and dropped me a line. I remembered the name, but couldn't place the face until he mentioned that we'd ridden in the squadron van together from the MAC terminal on our first day in-country. Just one little detail like that brought back a rush of memories. Shooting pool in the Lounge...sitting in the Big Seat for the first time. The tours sort of blend together in my mind unless something unique gets pointed out. A nice diversion in a day dedicated to diversion.

Back to reality...gotta give Mom a call tonight. Their 48th wedding anniversary would have been next week. Another tough day ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004