Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Drawn Together


I wondered how Comedy Central was ever going to hold my interest beyond South Park after Tough Crowd was cancelled and Jon Stewart totally jumped into the Anybody But Bush camp. Well, Drawn Together certainly answered that question. Drawing together every contrived reality TV cliche with every Western animated/computer game cliche, DT put out a cliche-fest spiced up with hip, naughty, sleazy adult comedy. My favorite charactor is Princess Clara, a sheltered, right-wing, bigoted twit reminiscent of Ariel, Disney's the Little Mermaid.

Really, they don't get any hotter than Ariel. Anyway, it's an enjoyable show, but merely a complement to South Park, which remains prime entertainment at Cowboy Blob's Saloon. Now, throw in some real anime a la Project A-ko or Tank Police, or Vampire Princess Miyu, and you'll have my attention forever!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004