Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

So THAT'S a Podcast!

As a busy student, I haven't had the time or attention span to check out all the gunny podcasts there are out there in the Blogosphere (since I didn't have high-speed internet until I started school). Since I actually met several podcasters at the NRA Convention and had the spare time between semesters, I paid them a visit.

Gun Nuts Radio is run by Caleb and co-hosted by Breda. When I listened to the latest archived show, Breda was 'casting from Phoenix with guest host Kevin Baker. Local boy makes good! They put on a good show centered on Kevin and the NRA Convention, then took some calls, including one from Caleb (who's shooting in the Bianchi Cup Match) and a few crank calls. If you let the feed run, you'll be treated to earlier archived shows back-to-back.

Vicious Circle
is hosted at Snarkybytes and features up to half a dozen co-hosts like Breda (she gets around!), JayG, Stingray and LabRat, PDB, TD, and others. This is grown-up entertainment at its snarkiest, best enjoyed with an open mind, a frosty adult beverage, and a thick skin.
The podcast is intended to be awkward and tasteless. That’s why it has an “explicit” tag on iTunes. -- Alan @ Snarkybytes
Curiously, in "The Hate Episode" that aired days before I even met any of them, they tore their way down a list of the projected BlogBash attendees and actually had nice things to say about me -- and only nice things. Sigh... I'll never be one of the Cool Kids. Must be the age difference?

Moving from kaffee klatch to broadcast booth: Eric Shelton's Handgun Podcast is one slick production! His latest episode covered Ruger's coming-out with the gas-piston SR-556 ("it's got a pistol grip" is how he justified going slightly off-idiom) and three fine Arizona Evil Black Rifle manufacturers: Patriot Ordnance, Sun Devil Manufacturing, and Cav Arms. Um, does Cav Arms even make black gun furniture any more? He promises more Convention coverage tomorrow.

There are even more podcasts on the Gun Rights Radio Network, but I've been up all night (but my fever has subsided) so I think I'll take a nap.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Kristopher said…

    Cavarms: You will STFU and buy pink furniture, and you will like it.

    Pink rifles ... they aren't just for girls anymore.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous ExurbanKevin said…

    There's also the Gun Dudes podcast. Funny, fast-moving, and easy-to-follow.

    And I like Kenn Blanchard's Urban Shooter podcast as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004