Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Late Reporting from the Convention

The good folks at the Patriot Ordnance Factory, an Arizona company that makes fine gas-piston rifles, are always looking for ways to make their rifles work with the minimum lubrication possible. Their latest innovation replaces the single-piece bolt cam pin with one that features a roller head.

I really don't know how much the cam pin contacts the innards of the AR upper receiver, but in a minimum lube environment, putting in the roller ought to help keep the bolt carrier running slick as whale snot.

Personally, I keep a light film of Break Free on my POF-USA upper innards, but if I ever get one of their sweet .308 platforms, I'll welcome the extra moving part.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004