Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy BAG Day! Whatcha Get?









Technically, I think I can count my Election Day Box o' Gun purchase as my BAG Day goodie, since this month I bought a DPMS lower receiver pins-and-springs kit, 9-mm hammer (ADCO), and a magazine block that accepts Uzi magazines (from Brownell's). Got almost everything I need for the build, except the engraving to make it SBR-legal, spring and buffer, and the ring-thingee that holds the selector pin and spring in place.

Oh, yeah, and the upper that probably won't be available for years, if ever. Since I've got a spare BUIS for front and rear, plus the extra EOTech, I want a flattop with the railed gas block.

So, what did YOU get?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger The Duck said…

    Well I traded a "bag of Parts" complete mind you 1911, for a Ruger 345

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well. . . I didn't actually go out and purchase anything for "Gun Day". But I am waiting for a part I mail-ordered last week, to repair / replace the upper slide assembly on my 9mm ancient Manhurin P-1 (French license Walther P-38).

    B Woodman

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Veeshir said…

    I went in to get an Uberti Top Break but....
    My favorite gun store has a fantastic consignment rack.
    I had a Benelli M3 in my hands and was about to say, "I'll take it." when my buddy says, "Hey, check the Uzi."
    So instead of a cowboy gun I got an Uzi.
    I figured, I ain't gonna see one of these again (I probably won't see a Benelli M3 again, but I can get another shotgun), I didn't own a 9mm and I could use a cheap gun to shoot and I really wanted to get a really scary black gun for this BAG Day and what's scarier than an Uzi?

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous ExurbanKevin said…

    Didn't get a gun, but I ordered a my reloading setup from Cabela's.

    Lee Classic Turret Press, Auto-Prime, dies for .223, and a couple thousand small rifle primers.

    That last item will come in about the same time your upper does. :)

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    I got a 20 rd drum for a Saiga 12 a short while back. ('Course now I need to get the actual Saiga 12 to go with it. Know anybody selling one?)

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger cmblake6 said…

    DPMS stripped lower.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004