Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Connected!

Should have paid better attention to the back of the Big Mac! Our school Macs have sockets for both FireWire 400 and FireWire 800, but the Big Mac has only the 800 Mbps connection... and the cord I just bought for the camcorder is 400! Grr!

Before making another visit to the store or Amazon.com, I tried a little experiment: I connected the camcorder to my LaCie external drive with the FW400 cable and ran FW800 from the LaCie to the Big Mac. It worked! I was able to download my SMM 3-Gun footage and burn a DVD for Jon. Premiere warned that some frames were dropped in the process; we learned the consequences of that when towards the end, the audio began to lose synch with the video (must have lost video frames, but not audio frames). I don't know if that's a consequence of the wierd cable setup, so this is only a temporary fix.

JAG and I are taping our second video tonight; it's his baby, so I'm only Director of Photography and Editor for this project.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004