Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mugshots

Tam posted a "Guess whose coffee mug is whose?" picture this morning. I'm no psychic rocket scientist, but I'll wager a BAG Day bagel that the Bimmer mug is Tam's and the Boop cup belongs to Roberta X.

If I turned the Saloon into a coffee shop, I'd be well equipped with muggage; I've been accumulating them all my adult life. Here's some of the more colorful ones. Most of them stay at the back of the cupboard; I have a display rack but I'm too lazy and too scared to drill into the drywall to erect it.





After I took the first picture, I remembered several other mugs scattered about the house, holding pens, paper clips, ammunition, etc. The Irish blessing cup came from a former student of mine (Hi, Tricia!), the Bob mug was my father's, and the Sensor Olympics Silver Medal mug is why I had such an inflated head in the USAF.





Forgetful me! The mugs in the foreground were in the gun safe holding separate calibers of loose ammo or spare keys. The numbered mugs were gallon gifties from United Blood Services (#4 holds my almost antique .45 ACP Black Talons). The Porsche mug was a door prize at my high school reunion (I'd traveled furthest to get there).

Now, here's the meme: you don't have to go overboard like I did (I have no life), but post a pic of your favorite beverage vessel and tag 0 - 5 more bloggers to do so. Link me if you like, but I hoarked the idea from Tam and Roberta, so at least credit them with a link.

I'm gonna tag Wyatt, JayG, AlanDP, PDB, and Fits.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Roberta X said…

    Thanks for the linky-love, darlin'!

    There is just this one li'l thing: I've checked under my clothes twice now, just in case, and I'm still Roberta X.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jay G said…

    Oh, where a guy could take a leading line like that... *g*

    I'm in, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow night fer pics...

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    Wow, bad timing for this meme, since almost all of my mugs have been packed away for the move. I'll try and get something up later.

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Roberta X said…

    ...Jay, Jay, Jay, such notions you have got... ;)

    An' my thanks to the Cowboy for fixin' the typo.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said…

    DONE!

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    Done, sort of. I couldn't post any pix, but I did write about it.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jay G said…

    Ms. X.,

    What can I say? From where my mind rests, I have to look up at the gutter... *g*

    Got-r-done, CB...

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger freddyboomboom said…

    That's funny, zoomies (I mean that in the nicest way) got coffee mugs for Team Spirit, and squids got keychains...

    I was on the USS Midway (CV-41) for Team Spirit '87, how's that for small world?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004