Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jeez, It's Bees

Saw a pile o' dead bugs in my driveway
this morning and thought, "Who dumped their dead bugs here? That's rude!"

This afternoon, my neighbor pointed out that I had a colony of bees in my tree. Where at? Right above the pile o' dead bees! Wonderful! That's all I need is having to spring for Africanized bee removal... and I gotta do it before one of my neighbors gets stung.








At least, I'm assuming they're Africanized. I haven't heard any drums or chants yet....

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger BobG said…

    Shotgun, with fine birdshot. You gotta admit, it would be interesting to watch...

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On a cool night, hit them with CO2 extinguishers. Wear 5 levels of full body Tyvek.

     
  • At 2:17 AM, Blogger KeesKennis said…

    Even in Africa when you hear drums and chants it is most probably from a cd.

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    Get a professional beekeeper to check them out if you can--or at least an amateur who handles a lot of bees. Killing plain old honeybees would be a waste.

    If they are not "Africanized" bees, they should be captured. It's tricky business, but possible. My dad and I have done it several times.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger El Capitan said…

    Well, if they are Africanized bees, you probably ought to give 'em the Tarzan treatment.

    You know, strip down to a loincloth, yell like a maniac then take a flying tackle at the swarm armed only with a knife...

    I bet you could charge admission for something like that!

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Tam said…

    Take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In Arizona you have to assume they're Africanized.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004