Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Remora

Some time between my mid-morning nap and my work on the Youtube video today, the Saloon and Shootin Gallery welcomed its 150,000th visitor. At its regular pace, the blog would have reached that mark a week or two from today, but thanks to links from Tam and Kevin, the traffic spike pictured at the left put it over the mark.

Since G00gle doesn't seem to consider the Saloon an internet resource, it's nice to be noticed by bloggers who are. Heck, even before the Zumbo Affair, I'd have to occasionally check View From the Porch to see if Tam had linked me...no, it was just everybody in the Blogosphere surfing from her Blogroll.

I'd like to thank those readers who hang around here for their support and comments.

We now turn to our regularly scheduled nonsense.

And G00gle? Bite me!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Were it not for Google drive-by's I'd have about five hits a day.

    I suppose if I linked to everything you wrote, Google would have to swallow the fact that you're a resource again (once removed), until they decide to delink me for linking to a notorious outlaw.

    But do you really want Google traffic? It's pretty meaningless.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't worry about traffic, the 15 other people who subscribe to your RSS feed and I have your back...

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger catfish said…

    Congrats on 150K!!!

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I don't fret about Google that much. Readers manage to find me from the folks who read/link me. It just bugs me a bit that folks have to jump through those hoops just to find me in those rare instances where I actually post some really cool info.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004